Monday, April 14, 2014

Count your blessings

My friend had just backed out of a parking lot and was driving when another lady didn't see her and hit her from the side. Little miracles like her being perfectly ok And just having a crushed in door is amazing! Things like this are constant reminders to me that even though bad things happen, blessings are also there. She could have easily been totally upset and angry with this lady, but then again it is just a fixable car. That lady was irreplaceable if she was hurt (she wasn't) I was listening to a video called the "last lecture" and this guy who has like three months to live because of pancreatic cancer was telling a story about going and picking up his nieces and nephews every weekend in a crappy car a long long time ago. When he finally got this awesome convertible brand new BMW he went to go pick up his nieces and nephews and his sister was all like "be very careful in his car don't, eat don't drink in the care, etc." And while she was saying this he opened a soda and poured it on the back seat. She came running to him and said. "What are you doing?!" He responded with "its just a replaceable car. But they are irreplaceable family." We need to remember that somethings just arent as important as to make sure that the person that hit you is ok for example. And I know from my experiences already in driving people are crazy sometimes and you have to pay attention. Remember people are irreplaceable. Cars are. I will now pray every time with my family before I drive to seminary and school in the morning. Thank you heavenly father for keeping my friend safe! Let her continue to be safe while driving. Count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment